Requirement of Aadhaar for the Applicants of JEE (Main) 2018
In reference to admission notice for JEE(Main) 2018 published in the news papers regarding provision of Aadhaar at the time of filling online application for JEE(Main) 2018, following is being clarified ;
- The use of Aadhaar for the applicants of JEE (Main) 2018 will result in accuracy of the applicants’ details. This will also help in ascertaining identities of the applicants at the examination centres in a convenient and hassle free manner. Aadhaar obviates the need for producing multiple documents to prove one’s identity.
- The provisions of the Aadhaar Act and Regulations under the Act have come into effect from 14th September 2016 and notifications to this effect have been published in the Official Gazette. Section 57 of the Aadhaar Act 2016 permits the use of Aadhaar number for establishing the identity of an individual for any purpose pursuant to any law or any contract to this effect.
- Accordingly, CBSE has decided to use Aadhaar for the applicants of JEE (Main) 2018, and hereby notifies the following:
3.1 Applicants who are in possession of Aadhaar, shall enter Aadhaar number, name, date of birth & gender in online application for JEE(Main) 2018 for the purpose of his/her identity and authentication thereof.
3.2 Applicants not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, are hereby required to make application for Aadhaar enrolment in case he/she is entitled to obtain Aadhaar as per section 3 of Aadhaar Act. Such applicant may visit any Aadhaar enrolment center (list available at www.uidai.gov.in) to get enrolled for Aadhaar.
- The above provisions shall be applicable in all states except J&K, Assam & Meghalaya.
- The applicants who have passed or appearing in Class XII examination from the states of J&K, Assam & Meghalaya need to enter the passport number, ration card number, bank account number or any other valid Govt. identity number provided they should select the city of examination in these states only.
ADMISSION NOTICE JEE (MAIN) – 2018
In pursuance of Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, Notification, the 6 th Joint Entrance Examination (Main) – 2018 will be conducted on 08/04/2018 (Sunday) by the JEE Apex Board for admission to Undergraduate Engineering Programmes in NITs, IIITs and other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions etc.
The States of Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Uttrakhand, Nagaland & Odisha have joined JEE (Main) system. Therefore, the candidates seeking admission to the institutions in these states, which were earlier admitting based on their State level examination, are also advised to fill in the JEE (Main) -2018 application form online.
The JEE (Main) will also be an eligibility test for the JEE (Advanced), which the candidate has to take if he/she is aspiring for admission to the undergraduate programmes offered by the IITs/ISM Dhanbad. The candidates are advised to see the JEE (Advanced) website www.jeeadv.ac.in for information related to JEE (Advanced).
The detailed information bulletin containing details of examination, syllabus, eligibility criteria to appear, examination fee, cities of examination, State code of eligibility, age relaxation, eligibility for admission, reservation policies and important dates will be available on JEE (Main) website www.jeemain.nic.in on 20/11/2017. The aspiring candidates are requested to download the information bulletin from above mentioned website only and read the same carefully before applying. The eligibility criteria for JEE (Main) & JEE (Advanced) are different. The candidates are requested to read the information bulletin carefully and ensure their eligibility as per the criteria laid down for JEE (Main) and JEE (Advanced). The process of Aadhaar authentication before submission of online form will be notified in a separate public notice.
The aspiring candidates have to apply online only through JEE (Main) website www.jeemain.nic.in. The online application process will start from 01st December, 2017 onwards. The last date for application is 01 st January, 2018 and fee can be paid upto 02 nd January 2018.