Best Meditation type for students
Tratak is a type of yogic sadhana which helps a person to increase concentration, boost confidence and develop positive attitude towards life. This can be done by anyone and everyone. It removes bad thoughts and negativity from one’s mind and brings out positive vibes. It also improves eyesight and keeps you away from depression.
There are various types of Tratak Sadhanas. The one most suitable for students is Madhya Trataka in which we concentrate on flame of candle or lamp. This has to be performed at sunrise or sunset in natural light.
Procedure for Madhya Tratak :
- Place a lighted candle or lamp (diya) on a table/chair such as the flame is at a straight line height with your eyes when you are seated on the floor.
- Take a blanket or mat. Place it on the floor and sit on it. Take a wet handkerchief and place it beside you.
- Make sure there is least disturbance of any other light or sound.
- Now concentrate on the flame. Slowly you are only able to see the flame and nothing around it.
- Try to keep your eyes open and concentrate until eyes start watering.
- Then close your eyes and imagine that you can still see the flame for minimum of 2-3 minutes.
- Chant “OM” or any other prayer your follow. Keep your eyes closed.
- Wipe your eyes with wet handkerchief. Then slowly open your eyes.
- Wash your eyes and you would feel completely fresh and charged
- Follow this 3-4 times a week. Following this regularly will bring in tremendous positive change in you.
I have followed this since my school days and this has really helped me a lot. If hope this would be beneficial to you too. Give it a try and let me know if it makes you feel different and positive. Feel free to comment/share/like this post.