Negative statements are huge roadblocks in our personal and professional progress. Just take a good look at these blocks and make efforts to remove them from your mindset.
Negative statements that we use every day :
- There’s only one right answer.
- That’s not logical
- Follow the rules.
- To err is wrong.
- That’s not my area.
- That’s not my responsibility.
Such attitude block ingenuity and resourcefulness. They also block positive synergies that could bring dynamism into our lives.
Remember the following :
- Be a Butterfly, not a crawling insect.
- Soar like an eagle.
- A turtle makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.
- Every success story is a story of great failure too.
- Every problem has an in-built solution.
- Every failure teaches us something.
- Every threat carries an opportunity.
- Thank God for his blessings.
- Count your blessings and not troubles.
- Being a day with a smile.
- We have the power to choose and can control our thoughts.
- There are no hopeless situations; it is only people who becomes hopeless about them.
What you should do then :
- Be creative.
- Be innovative.
- Be inventive.
- Be dynamic
- Be an optimist.
- Take initiative.
- Take responsibility.
- Have courage.
- Have determination.
- Use your ingenuity.
- Have a sense of humour.
- Create positive synergies.
Have you ever monitored your thoughts? In general, people don’t feel the need to do it. But it is a powerful tool to remain positive, upbeat and energetic. This way you can examine yourself and work on your thought processes. If you monitor your thoughts on a regular basis, you will be able to identify negative streams in your mind and consequently make efforts to eliminate them. Upbeat thinking requires paying constant attention to the flow of thoughts. The more you think about upbeat things, the more you become an upbeat person overall.
Negative thoughts detrimental to upbeat thinking:
- I can’t recollect.
- It’s no use.
- I don’t have enough time.
- I am too shy.
- Things are not happening the way I want them to.
- I am not that fortunate.
- I am not good at math.
- I don’t have a good memory.
- Nothing right ever happens to me.
- I am always overworked in the office.
- I feel depressed.
- It’s impossible.
- I hate my job.
- If only I was smarter.
- If only I had more money.
- No one likes me.
- I am totally out of place.
Think of the number of times we use these words everyday. Negative thoughts won’t help create a positive attitude and upbeat thinking. They only drain your energies and consequently make your life stressful and miserable.
Dancer Sudha Chandran is physically challenged. She overcame her innumerable problems and huge physical handicaps to become a classical dancer of repute. She programmed her mind in such a way that she could be extraordinary things. It’s all in our minds. Despite amputation of one leg, Sudha Chandran has established herself in the film line and got a reputation as an ace dancer and actor. After her injury she was unable to sleep for several nights. Nevertheless, she drew strength from the pain and pledged that she would become even stronger. On the advice of people, her father bought her a wheelchair but she did nor use it. Despite facing severe pain, she continuously practiced walking and one day she even went out for a movie with her friends. Later she was taken to a well known doctor got a foot manufactured which was of aluminum and was very light. Her leg would often bleed and as the movements of her leg became faster, the pain became more severe. At the end of every dance session, when she used to see the blood, she would start losing hope. However, her determination did not falter and she was able to control her disappointment.
Sudha is progressing well and her disability has now been left far behind. She has proved to the world that despite a disability one can touch the peak of success. She is listed among the top ten extraordinary people with disabilities. Her inspirational story has entered into school textbooks in various States of India. She had proved that no handicap, however great, however formidable, could quell the human spirit on its journey to greatness.