Railway Recruitment Notification 2018
Railway Recruitment Notification 2018 was released on 3rd February 2018. According to the Notification released, a total of 26,502 vacancies was declared. Candidates who wish to apply for the exam can do so by applying online for the examination.
Railway Recruitment Apply Online
Railway Recruitment Board invites Online Application for the post of ALP and Technicians from 3rd February 2018. The Application Process will close on 5th March 2018. Candidates who wish to apply online can do the same by clicking on the link mentioned below.
Railway Recruitment 2018 Application Fee
The Online Application for Railway Recruitment starts from 3rd February 2018 and will end on 5th March 2018. Candidates must pay Rs. 500/- as application fee (UR & OBC) for Railway Recruitment 2018. Candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ Ex-Serviceman/ PWDs/ Female/ Transgender/ Minorities/ Economically backward class are required to pay Rs. 250/- as application fee.
Railway Recruitment Exam Dates 2018
Railway Recruitment 2018 CBT is scheduled tentatively in the month of April-May 2018. Dates for second stage CBT has not yet been declared by Railway Recruitment Board. The detailed Exam Dates for Railway Recruitment Exam 2018 has been discussed below.
|Railway Recruitment 2018 Notification||3rd February 2018|
|Start of Railway Recruitment 2018 Online Application||3rd February 2018|
|Railway Recruitment 2018 Application Form Closes||5th March 2018|
|Railway Recruitment 2018 First Stage CB||April-may 2018|
Railway Recruitment 2018 Exam Pattern
The Exam Pattern for Railway Recruitment 2018 constitutes of two stages of CBT or Computer Based Test followed by Computer Based Aptitude Test and Document Verification. Let’s have a look at both these stages of CBT in detail.
First stage of CBT
- Minimum percentage of marks for eligibility in various categories : UR -40%, OBC-30%, SC-30%, ST -25%.
- Will consist of multiple-choice objective type questions: bilingual (Hindi/English)
- There will be negative Marking as for every wrong answer 1/3 marks will be deducted.
Total number of candidates to be shortlisted for second stage shall be 15 times the community wise total vacancy of ALP and Technician Posts notified against the RRB as per their merit in First Stage CBT.
|Serial Number||Sections||Number of Questions||Duration|
|1.||Mathematics||75 Questions in total||60 minutes|
|2.||General Intelligence & Reasoning|
|4.||General Awareness on Current Affairs|
Railway Recruitment 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria of Railway Recruitment 2018 exam is mainly about two pre-requisites:
Railway Recruitment Board has changed the Eligibility Criteria for Railway Recruitment 2018. The Upper Age limit has now been changed from 28 years to 30 years for the post of ALP and from 30 years to 33 years for the post of Level 1 Posts (Unreserved Category).
- Candidates must hold Degree, Diploma and HSC (10+2) having eligibility for the posts of ALP and their engineering discipline(Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering , Mechanical Engineering ,Automobile Engineering with the combination of various streams in the respective Engineering Traits): post of Assistant Loco Pilot
- Candidates who have passed out with Physics and Maths in 12th Standard are eligible for Technician Grade III Signal and Technician Grade III Telecommunication posts namely Post 70 and Post 71 respectively.
- A candidate is required to be: A citizen of India, A subject of Nepal, A subject of Bhutan, A Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of settling permanently in India or a person of Indian origin who migrated to India from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, Vietnam and have the intention of settling permanently in India.
|Serial No.||Category||Upper Age Limit|
|1||SC / ST||38 years|
|3||Person with disabilities (General)||40 years|
|4||Person with disabilities(SC /ST)||45 years|
|5||Person with disabilities(OBC)||43 years|
Railway Recruitment 2018 Admit Card
Candidates who have successfully applied for Railway Recruitment 2018 Exam will be issued Admit Card for first stage of CBT. Admit Card will be issued separately for Stage 1 CBT and Stage 2 CBT. Admit Card for Stage 2 CBT will be issued to candidates who have successfully cleared Stage 1 CBT of Railway Recruitment 2018.
To login on the official website of Railway Recruitment Board, a candidate is supposed to have:
- Registration Number/Roll Number
- Date of Birth/Password
The admit card for Railway Recruitment Board 2018 exam will be issued to candidates in two phases:
- For Stage 1 CBT
- For Stage 2 CBT
- All candidates must go through the guidelines provided on the official website of Railway before downloading his/her admit card.
Railway Recruitment 2018 Result
Railway Recruitment Board will be announcing the result for Stage 1 and Stage 2 CBT after the examination for the same has been conducted. Result will be announced for Stage 1 CBT first. Candidates who clear Stage 1 CBT will be allowed to give Stage 2 of Railway Recruitment 2018 Exam
For more information visit the link below