There is no age limit for studying. A human being is always a student.
Sometime we study for our own experience or some time we gave exam to evaluate our knowledge.
Young or adults, all students give exam and learn step by step. But today students face lot of competition which leads to stress and peer pressure. But sometimes some students find their own way to remove stress and give healthy competition.
I will give you some tips here. For this, I will suggest 3 Ds for you.
- DRAFTING (Planning)
- First step is to decide your aim. Decide which exam you want to appear and why you want to appear.
- Then determine factors related to the exam. Check your syllabus. Check if your exam has questions from reference books or general knowledge.
- Find out the approximate month and day your exam will be conducted and how many days are left for your exam. Accordingly you can planning your study time
- Decide on what study material has to purchase. Buy the one that will give enough knowledge on exam and help you learn faster. If you ignore a particular topic because you did not understand it you will not understand any other topic dependent on this topic .This will in turn lead to stress and study will consume more time. Hence make sure that you understand all concepts very well .
- Pen down your own notes in your own words. Then solve MCQs, objectives, questions (short/long) and estimate your understanding and how much extra work you have to put on this topic. Find out what topic you did not understand or read again the answers to your unsolved questions.
- Important part is make a time table to plan your study. Include everything that you have to do in a day(lunch ,dinner,travel and other activities). You must follow the time table 81% don’t postpone your today’s study to tomorrow or day after tomorrow. Soon it will start accumulating and you cause tension during exam time
- And most very important is your HEALTH. “Healthy mind dwells in healthy body”. You must take care of your health. When you study and giving exam you must eat healthy food and nutritious food like salad , soup, leafy vegetable etc. Avoid outdoor food and sleep for minimum of 6 hour in day. When you are healthy and fresh at the time of exam you will be able to perform your best.
Today buzz words are 3G and 4G . Technology is improving day by day. Use it when you study. We get lot of knowledge with just one click . The world has become technologically advanced and coming closer. It is no more necessary to go to a coaching center to give practice test. Today you can do it on Internet using apps like PREXAM. You can take tests at your convenient time and when you are prepared.
This is how you should plan your studies and follow it. So you don’t get stressed give exam with a healthy mind and with a smile.
Best Meditation type for students
Tratak is a type of yogic sadhana which helps a person to increase concentration, boost confidence and develop positive attitude towards life. This can be done by anyone and everyone. It removes bad thoughts and negativity from one’s mind and brings out positive vibes. It also improves eyesight and keeps you away from depression.
There are various types of Tratak Sadhanas. The one most suitable for students is Madhya Trataka in which we concentrate on flame of candle or lamp. This has to be performed at sunrise or sunset in natural light.
Procedure for Madhya Tratak :
- Place a lighted candle or lamp (diya) on a table/chair such as the flame is at a straight line height with your eyes when you are seated on the floor.
- Take a blanket or mat. Place it on the floor and sit on it. Take a wet handkerchief and place it beside you.
- Make sure there is least disturbance of any other light or sound.
- Now concentrate on the flame. Slowly you are only able to see the flame and nothing around it.
- Try to keep your eyes open and concentrate until eyes start watering.
- Then close your eyes and imagine that you can still see the flame for minimum of 2-3 minutes.
- Chant “OM” or any other prayer your follow. Keep your eyes closed.
- Wipe your eyes with wet handkerchief. Then slowly open your eyes.
- Wash your eyes and you would feel completely fresh and charged
- Follow this 3-4 times a week. Following this regularly will bring in tremendous positive change in you.
I have followed this since my school days and this has really helped me a lot. If hope this would be beneficial to you too. Give it a try and let me know if it makes you feel different and positive. Feel free to comment/share/like this post.
A villager sees a wood-cutter working hard in a jungle trying to cut a huge tree with his axe. The villagers asks him “How long have you been doing this, you look really tired.”. Wood-cutter replies “It has been 5 hours I am working to cut this tree. This is really a tough job.”
“Why don’t you take a break and sharpen your axe” exclaims the villager. “No. No. I don’t have time to sharpen the axe.” The wood cutter says empathetically. “I am busy axing.” Time passes and it started getting dark. The wood cutter finally completes his job for the day and returns home to come again next day.
While he is returning home he thinks about what the villager had told him. He goes home and sharpens his axe for the next day even though he was very tired. The next day when he starts working on the tree, he finishes cutting it in little time and with very less effort than the day before.
Here the Axe symbolises your skill set and abilities. In our daily life we get so busy with work and studies that we can hardly recognize that we have to polish our abilities and skills to perform better. We are so busy with work that taking out time for other activities seem impossible or waste of time.
But as the story suggests, we should take out some time to learn new skills and techniques that would help us perform better at work and studies. We should spend time in learning new concentration techniques, memorization techniques, self-study techniques etc. which will help us study efficiently. We should not only learn them but also take out time in our daily routine to practice them. Practice meditation, yoga and/or exercise which will relieve our day-to-day stress and keep us motivated and energetic. All this would improve the performance level of our mind and body and we would feel more accomplished. We would complete our work in less time and utilize remaining time for rejuvenation.
Human memories are associative. We always tend to remember an incident by its association to other incident. You can try this exercise, sit idle and close your eyes and let your thoughts flow for few minutes. Now stop the flow of thoughts and traverse back what you were thinking about one by one and think about how you jumped from one thought to the other. The reasons that cause jumping are the association.
Now that we know how it works, we have to practice and implement it for remembering what we read or study. Therefore now we have to learn to deliberately create associations. Here is an article that would help you start: http://www.wikihow.com/Memorize-a-List-Using-Numbers-and-Rhyming-Words
Another efficient way of memorization is using audio-visual techniques. We generally tend to remember movie scenes and songs easily than we can remember our formulae. We can use audio or visual techniques to the same. A Simple visual technique would be using colour pens to write a formula attractively such that we can remember it in the form of a picture or converting a definition into a rhythm to remember quickly.
The above given techniques have proved very efficient to those who use it. A good practice at associating day to day work, study and facts would certainly lead you to perfection in memorizing. If this article helps you or if you have queries regarding the same feel free to comment and connect back.