NTA NEET 2021 Exam Date Updates:
The National Testing Agency (NTA) has started the registration process for NEET-UG 2021. The Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan on Monday announced the new exam dates for the MBBS/BDS entrance exam. As per the latest announcement, the exam will be held on September 12.
This year, the number of test cities has been increased to ensure social distancing amid Covid. The number of cities has been increased from 155 to 198. The number of examination centers will also be increased.
Candidates need soft copies of relevant documents to apply for the exam. The list includes the candidate’s photograph, signature, left-hand thumb impression, class 10 mark sheet, class 10 passing certificate, class 12 mark sheet, class 12 passing certificate, ID proof (such as Aadhaar Card).
NEET 2021 Exam Dates:-
Students can know below complete NEET Exam dates related to various events like application process, application correction, Application fee, Eligibility Criteria, age limit, Exam Pattern, preparation tips, and admit card, etc.
|Dates 2021 (Announced)
|Release of Application
|13th July 2021
|End of the application process
|6th August 2021
|Correction window opens
|8th August to 12th August 2021
|Announcement of exam city
|20th August 2021
|Availability of Admit card
|September 2021 (3 days prior to exam day)
|NEET 2021 Exam
|12th September 2021
NEET 2021 Application Form:
- NEET 2021 Application process has been completely carried out through online mode. No other mode for application will be entertained.
- The application form has been started from 13th July 2021. The last date to fill the application form is till 6th August 2021.
- The application process is divided into two sets/ phases – the first set is to be filled by the students before the last date of submission of the application.
- The second set of details have to be submitted by the students before the declaration of the result/ scorecard. Complete details must be filled in at the respective time.
- Candidates are advised to submit only one application form as multiple application submissions may lead to the rejection of the form.
- Students at the time of the registration are instructed to register with their valid email id and mobile number as all the communication or other details will be sent to it.
- The application process will go through various steps – Online registration, filling up of details in the application, uploading of the scanned image of photograph & signature, making payment of application fee, and printing of application & fee payment receipt.
- Sending of printed application form to the board will not be required.
Payment Mode: NEET 2021 Application fee payment can be done through online mode. For online mode, it is possible through debit/ credit card/ net banking/ UPI using state bank of India/ HDFC Bank/ ICICI bank method.
|General EWS/ OBC category
|ST/ SC/ PWD/ Transgender category
NEET 2021 Application Correction:
The applicants of NEET 2021 will be able to make corrections in the NEET application form. The NEET Application correction will be possible from 8th August to 12th August 2021. Students will be able to make corrections through online mode.
The correction in the details of the application will be allowed only in some of the fields. The complete details related to editable and non-editable fields will be informed by the candidates on the website. Also, students will be informed regarding corrections on their mail id & phone number through SMS.
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2021:
NEET 2021 eligibility criteria is the set of norms prescribed by the conducting authority, i.e. the National Testing Agency (NTA). Conducted annually, NEET 2021 is a gateway for medical aspirants to get admission in MBBS and BDS colleges in India. Before applying for NEET 2021, candidates must ensure that they meet the NEET eligibility criteria, which may include educational qualifications, age limit, and reservation criteria. In order to be eligible for the examination, candidates must qualify for the 12th class examination with Chemistry, Biology, Physics, and English subjects. For General category candidates, it is mandatory to score 50% marks in 12th grade, whereas SC/ST/OBC category candidates must score 40% marks to become eligible for NEET 2021.
NEET 2021 Age Limit:
The maximum and minimum age limit for NEET 2021 is as follows:
- The lower age limit for candidates aspiring for NEET 2021 should be 17 years as of December 31 of the admission year, i.e., 2021. For example, candidates appearing for NEET 2021 and are 16 years of age are eligible as he/she will complete 17 years by December 31, 2021. The admitted year is 2021.
- The upper age limit for General Category is 25 years
- The upper age limit for Reserved Category and PwD is 30 years.
NEET 2021 Exam Pattern:-
Students can know details about the NEET Exam pattern in the below-given section:
- Mode of Paper: The NEET 2021 paper will be held offline – Pen and paper mode.
- Sections: There will be two sections in each subject.
- Language: Paper will be available in 13 languages – English, Hindi, Malayalam, Punjabi, Gujarati, Bengali, Tamil, Marathi, Odia, Assamese, Telugu, Urdu, and Kannada.
- Time Duration: 3 hours will be given to complete the paper.
- Type of Questions: The paper will have the objective type of questions.
- The number of questions: There will be a total of 200 questions in the paper.
- Total Marks: The exam will be of a total of 720 marks.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be given for each correct answer. For each incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
NEET 2021 Preparation Tips:
Students can know various NEET preparation tips below which will help them in qualifying for the exam with a good score:
- Know complete information about the NEET syllabus and exam pattern. Also, briefly understand the marking pattern of the exam.
- Solve sample papers and take the online practice tests and mock tests to analyze the preparation standard of NEET.
- Prepare for the exam through a good source of study material which is highly recommended by the teachers and other experienced professionals.
- Make notes and write down all the important points. Don’t forget to go through these notes.
- Make a timetable for exam preparation & follow it in a disciplined manner for exam preparation.
NEET 2021 Admit Card:
Students will be able to download NEET admit card in September 2021 (3 days prior to the exam). NEET admit card can be downloaded online mode from the NTA website. The admit card will not be provided to the students by post and can only be obtained by entering their login details.
A copy of admit card in PDF format will be also sent to the candidates in their registered mail id. Students should also check the complete details present in the admit card to be true and accurate. In case of a mistake in any of the details present in the admit card, students must contact officials to get it corrected before the exam date.