On-line submission of Application Form 03.09.2019 to 30.09.2019 (upto 11.50 p.m.)
Successful transaction of fee 03.09.2019 to 01.10.2019 ( Through Credit card/Debit card/Net banking/UPI and PAYTM service up to 11.50 p.m.)
Dates of Examination between 06.01.2020 (Monday) to 11.01.2020(Saturday)
Declaration of Result on NTA’s website by 31.01.2020
About JEE (Main) – 2020
The JEE (Main)-2020 will be conducted twice before admissions in the next academic session. The students will have following benefits of the new pattern:
- This will give one more opportunity to the students to improve their scores in examination if they fail to give their best in first attempt without wasting their whole academic year.
- In first attempt, the students will get a first-hand experience of taking an examination and to know their mistakes which they can improve while attempting for the second time.
- This will reduce chances of dropping a year and droppers would not have to waste a full year.
- If anyone missed the examination due to reasons beyond control, then he/she won’t have to wait for one full year.
- The student’s best of the two NTA scores will be considered for preparation of Merit List/ Ranking
Syllabus The details of syllabus are given on the websites https://jeemain.nta.nic.in/webinfo/public/home.aspx
JEE (Main) – 2020 Eligibility Age
Limit For appearing in the JEE (Main) examination there is no age limit for the candidates. The candidates who have passed class 12th / equivalent examination in 2018, 2019 or appearing in 2020 irrespective of their age can appear in JEE (Main) examination – 2020. The candidates should also satisfy themselves about their fulfilling the age limit requirements of the Institutes in which they are desirous of taking admission. The candidates must note that the IITs have an age limit / restriction, which will be published in JEE (Advanced)-2020 Information Brochure.
Instructions for Filling Online Application Form
Candidates have to apply for January JEE (Main)- 2020 “Online” ONLY by accessing the websites. www.nta.ac.in , https://nta.nic.in/WebInfo/home and https://jeemain.nta.nic.in/webinfo/public/home.aspx The Application Form other than online mode would not be accepted, in any case. Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate. More than one application i.e. Multiple application forms submitted by a candidate will be rejected. It is suggested that you have the following ready before starting the filling of the online application form:
- A computer with good Internet connectivity
- All your qualification details
- Scanned clear passport photograph in JPG/JPEG format (size between 10 kb–200 kb)
- Scanned clear signature in JPG/JPEG format (size between 4 kb–30 kb)
- A valid e-mail Id as all communication will be made on this e-mail Id
- A valid mobile number as all information via SMS will be sent to this number
- A valid debit/credit card or Net banking account or UPI or PAYTM Service.
- A printer connected to your system to print confirmation page
- Download information Bulletin. Read it carefully to ensure your eligibility and acquaint with the 8 requirements for submission of Online Application Form.
- No correction can be made at a later stage after submission of an application. No change will be accepted through Post/Fax/ email / By Hand etc.
For more details CLICK HERE
Eligibility Criteria for Appearing in JEE – 2020
(Please refer to JEE (Advanced) website for the latest information) The minimum academic qualification for appearing in JEE (Advanced) -2020 is that the candidate must have passed in final examination of Class 12th or equivalent qualifying examination with at least 75% aggregate marks (65% for SC, ST, and PwD) or being in the top 20 percentile of the successful candidates in their respective Board examinations. Those appearing in these examinations in 2020 can also appear in JEE (Advanced)- 2020 provisionally and these candidates would also have to full fill the above requirements. The IITs have specific eligibility criteria for admission, which includes an age bar, limited number of attempts and year of passing class 12th or equivalent; candidates are advised to refer to the JEE (Advanced) 2020 website for details.
All the candidates aspiring to take admission to the undergraduate programs at IITs for the year 2020 will have to appear in the B. E. /B. Tech. of JEE (Main)-2020. Based on the performance in the B. E. /B. Tech. of JEE (Main)- 2020, number of top candidates as per the requirement of JEE (Advanced) (including all categories) will be eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced)-2020.
A candidate can attempt JEE (Advanced) a maximum of two times in consecutive years irrespective of whether or not he/she passed the Qualifying Examination. The candidates, who have attempted JEE (Main) /JEE (Advanced) in 2018 or earlier, are NOT ELIGIBLE to appear in JEE (Advanced)–2020.
The candidate who had taken admission in any institute other than IITs in 2019 is eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced)–2020 provided that the candidate satisfies other eligibility criteria.
For more details CLICK HERE
Guidelines to Candidates for Computer Based Test
Candidates MUST bring the following documents on the day of examination at the test centre. Candidates who will not bring these will not be allowed to sit in the examination.
Print copy of Admit Card downloaded from NTA’s website.
One passport size photograph (same as uploaded on the Online Application Form) should be taken for pasting on the specific space in the attendance sheet at Centre during the examination.
Any one of the authorized photo IDs (must be original, valid and non-expired) – PAN card/ Driving License/ Voter ID/ Passport/ Aadhaar Card (With photograph)/E-Aadhaar with photograph/ Ration Card with photograph/ 12th Class Board Admit Card with photograph/ Bank Passbook with Photograph.
PwD certificate issued by the authorized medical officer, if claiming the relaxation under PwD category.
For more details CLICK HERE