What’s New in JEE Main 2021?
One important change from 2021 is that the JEE (Main) examination will be conducted in multiple Sessions (February/ March/ April/ May 2021) before admissions in the next academic session.
- This will give multiple opportunities to the candidates to improve their scores in the examination if they fail to give their best in the first attempt without wasting their whole academic year.
- In the first attempt, students will get a first-hand experience of taking an examination and will know their mistakes which they can improve while attempting for the next time.
- If any candidate misses the examination due to reasons beyond control, then he/she will not have to wait for one full year.
- Candidates are not required to compulsorily take the test in all the sessions though if a candidate appears in multiple Sessions, the best of the candidate’s NTA scores will be considered.
About JEE Main 2021:-
National testing agency (NTA) is conducting the Joint Entrance Examination JEE (Main)-2021 for admission to Undergraduate Programs in NITs, IITs, and other Centrally Founded Technical Institutions (CFTIs), Institutions funded by participating State Governments, and other Institutions and its first session is w.e.f. 23, 24, 25, 26 February 2021. The other dates in the month of March, April, and May 2021 may be seen on the website https://jeemain.nta.nic.in Candidates can exercise thereinafter to apply in one, two, or all sessions.
Latest Changes in JEE Main 2021:- (Exam Pattern)
Let me brief you about the latest changes in JEE Main 2021 Exam.
The pattern of exams in JEE Mains 2020 has changed. There are 75 questions instead of 90, 25 each of Maths, Physics, and Chemistry. Each subject will have 20 Multiple Choice Questions and 5 Numerical Ability. Questions in JEE are application-based which requires a stronghold on concepts.
The time limit for the exams is 3 hours.
|Start of filling of online forms||December 16, 2020|
|Last Date for Online submission of Application||January 23, 2021|
|Last Date for Fee Payment||January 24, 2021|
|Correction in Application Form||January 27, 2021 – January 30, 2021|
|Availability of Admit Card||2nd week of February 2021|
|JEE Main February Exam||February 23, 2021 – February 26, 2021|
Dates Of Examinations:- (February, March, April, & May)
|JEE March Exam 2021||JEE April Exam 2021||JEE May Exam 2021|
|15, 16, 17, & 18 March 2021||27, 28, 29, & 30 April 2021||24, 25, 26, 27, & 28 May 2021|
Syllabus for JEE Main 2021:-
NTA has released the JEE Mains 2021 syllabus for Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. (B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch.)
Check Syllabus: – Click Here
Practice and mock test it from the links below:
|Subject||JEE Main 2021 Exam Preparation and Practice Tests|
JEE Main 2021 Eligibility Criteria to appear in the exam – Age Limit, 12th Passing Year, Number of Attempts
There are no age criteria required for applying to the JEE Main exam as of now.
Passing Year of Class 12 / Equivalent (CRITERIA FOR DROPPERS):
Candidates should have passed class 12 or equivalent in 2019 or 2020. Candidates who are currently in class 12 and will pass it in 2021 are also eligible for the exam.
Number of Attempts:
There is no restriction on the number of attempts in JEE Main 2021.
List of Qualifying Examinations (QE) – A qualifying examination is the last official school education exam that the candidate passed. The list of the acceptable qualifying examination for JEE Main 2021 is as follows:
- Class 12th board exam from any recognized central or state Board
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School/ Board/ University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Higher Secondary Certificate Vocational Examination.
- A Diploma recognized by AICTE or a State board of technical education of at least 3 years duration.
- Admit Card can be downloaded from JEE (Main) website as per schedule.
- Admit Cards of the JEE (Main) 2021 exam will be available as per the notified schedule.
- Admit Cards of the JEE (Main) February 2021 exam will be available in the 2nd week of February 2021.
- A printed copy of the downloaded admits card should be produced at the time of examination.
- UPDATE (Jan 24, 2021): Admit Cards for JEE Main 2021 February exam will be made available on 14th February 2021. Candidates can subscribe to get notified on Mobile for free.
- The answer keys of the Computer-based examination will be made available on the JEE (Main) website as per schedule.
- The candidates who aren’t satisfied with any answer can challenge the answer keys online before the deadline on a non-refundable online payment of Rs.200 per question.
- If a question for any reason is found to be wrong, the benefit of marks will be given to only those candidates who attempted the question.
- The processing fee will be non-refundable.
Materials to be brought on the day of examination:
- Admit card
- One passport size photograph (same as uploaded in Online Application Form)
- Identity Proof
- Ball Point Pen
- PWD certificate issued by the Competent Authority, if claiming the relaxation under PWD category
- For Paper-2 Drawing Test: Geometry box set, pencils, erasers, and color pencils or crayons.